-
February 16th, 2004, 11:20 PM
#1
Inactive Member
you know. I could go on and on about how let down i am with the way people treat other people but i wont waste anyones time. but i will tell a quick story that happened last night/this morning.
Recently i moved into a new duplex. In this same duplex, i found out my electrician (guy that has wired houses for me for 3 years now) lives here also. He is 24 so we have a lot in common more so than most of the other guys that work for me who are mostly the stereotypical redneck.
anywho.
He buys a new truck the 2 weeks ago . silverado. black. Brand new. Nice truck. I go over and talk it up and tell him how nice it looks.
Well i told him that if he would wash the truck, he should bring it to my place on saturday and we would wax the beast. I have some killer clearcoat wax.
Well he ended up going out of town with his bro but left his truck here in the lot.
The truck is very very nasty. Tons of dirt. so being the razzer that i am, i write "wash me" in it while he is away.
He comes home Sunday night and leaves in his truck. so I call him but get no answer on his cell. I kid him about the truck and tell him to bring it by today (this afternoon) and we'd wash and wax her.
Then i get a voice message.
He is on the other end telling me how he took his truck to the car wash and my writing wouldnt come out. I had scratched it into his clear coat. Then he went on to pout about it and explain to me how that it takes clear coat almost a year to cure and is very easily ruined like this.
So now i get pissed. I call him back and insist if i tore p his shit i'd fix it. i told him to bring it here now but he said he would have to bring it by the next day (this is like midnight last night). So I told him i would leave work early and meet him here at 5 pm to fix my fuck up.
So I started to doubt myself. Maybe I did fuck up his new truck. then i felt kinda bad.
This morning I get up to leave to work and he just happens to be walking to his truck (he came home in the night). So I whip up and jump out to inspect my damage.
The dude had not even wiped it with his finger much less washed it off. so now I got really pissed. i pulled my shirt off (it's like 12 degrees here that time of morning) and wiped off the door.
Viola! Gone. Nothing. Not any kind of damage. At this point I am boiling mad. Not only could this fuk not take a joke, but he tried to let on to me that i had damaged his truck.
So i went on to apologize. I told him i should never have touched a man's new truck, i didnt know him well enough to be fukking with him, and it would never happen again. I was just disgusted basically. then he tries to play it off like it wasnt a big deal and he wasnt mad at all. As he talked i jumped back in my truck and rode off to work. Fuck him and his truck.
WTF is wrong with people today?!
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:24 PM
#2
Inactive Member
sounds like he got you to be the butt of the joke! [img]wink.gif[/img]
screw em
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
i kept thinking how if he was screwing with me , that would be cool. i love a joke. that would have been funny. but he was dead serious.
i just dont know what to think sometimes. if someone had done that to me, i would have just thought of a way to get a dig in on them. like frat guys hazing each other. but i would never do anything to damage someones stuff. and he knows that. that is why i was so pissed. i'm still boiling over it.
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:33 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Hell! I was about to tell you fuck off. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:33 PM
#5
Inactive Member
that sucks. might have been a little funny if he was pulling your leg to get back atcha as a joke, but if not fuck him. Its like I always say "the only good person is a dead person".
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:35 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I told eveyone to fuck off years ago-
(not my bartender) [img]wink.gif[/img]
best move I ever made........
you want me, I'll be on the roof~
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:37 PM
#7
Inactive Member
GD: Somehow i knew you were gonna say that. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Brian: That was what i was hoping for anyway. I thought maybe he was razzin me back. but nope.
SW: If you got some beer, i'll meet ya on the roof. I might have a few then dive off..
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:40 PM
#8
Inactive Member
thats the kind of stuff that makes me not want to hang out with anyone. I prefer to be around people from the boards. Might only get to do it a time or two a year, but I'd rather be around folks that have the same interest as I than most any other people around. I'm pretty much a loner kind of guy except for hanging here.
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:45 PM
#9
Inactive Member
As I've gotten older, it seems like people just get to be bigger assholes. Maybe you just dont notice it as much when you are a kid. But it just sucks that anything you do anymore can potentially get you sued or something.
I had fun hanging out in jersey. i hope and plan to go this year. but even here, i feel like i get the cold shoulder sometimes. not from everyone of course. but i feel overlooked most of the time and i hate that.
i've also had a few beers so maybe i am just pouting.
-
February 16th, 2004, 11:51 PM
#10
Inactive Member
uh....is someone saying something?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks